Click here for Spanish
CRITERIOS DE ALQUILER Y POLÍTICAS DE ARRENDAMIENTO
RENTAL CRITERIA & LEASE POLICIES
THE FOLLOWING POLICIES ARE ESTABLISHED TO ENSURE THAT ALL PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS FOR A PROPERTY PROCESSED BY V2 PROPERTIES WILL BE TREATED EQUALLY.
Please read the following policies. If you feel you meet the guidelines for qualifying, we encourage you to submit an application. Only one application will be processed at a time and applications will be processed in the order received. An incomplete application will not be considered.
- To be processed and considered, a $55.00 non-refundable screening fee must accompany all applications. If your application is not processed due to an approved application prior to yours, this $55.00 fee will be refunded.
- Each person 18 years of age or older must complete and sign an application and only approved applicants may reside in a property. The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
- Valid government issued photo ID required.
- If a co-signer is necessary, the co-signer must also complete and sign an application. The acceptance of a co-signer is not normal policy and is subject to individual approval or denial by V2 Properties. Co-signers, if allowed, would be required to be a local Oregon resident earning 5 times the rent in income and pass all other aspects of this screening criteria.
- Co-signers may only be considered for applicants that have no established credit and/or rental history.
- The applications will not be considered with missing or false information.
- A photocopy of your ID and your 2 most recent pay stubs, or other acceptable verification of income, will expedite your application process and must be provided within 24 hours of application.
- V2 Properties will obtain a background check for each applicant and co-signer 18 years of age or older. Credit reports supplied by applicants will not be accepted.
- Under certain circumstances, outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report may require an additional security deposit up to 3 times the stated deposit.
- More than three (3), non-medical, negative reports including accounts 90 days past due or greater, collections, repossessions, liens, judgments, charge/write offs, or garnishments will result in denial of the application.
- Three (3) unpaid, non-medical, negative reports (as listed above) will result in increased deposit.
- Discharged bankruptcies are acceptable after six (6) months of positive established credit. Negative reporting after the bankruptcy will result in denial.
- Monthly income must be at least 3 times the stated rent, only from 2 applicants, and must be from a verifiable, legal source.
- Verification of income required includes the 2 most recent pay stubs from your employer, OR Verifiable income or liquid assets equal to 3 times the total annual rent. Other verifiable income may mean, but is not limited to: bank accounts, spousal support/child support, trust accounts, social security, unemployment, welfare, grants/loans.
- Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through copies of the previous tax returns. Self-employed applicants will be verified through the state. A recorded business name or corporate filing will be sufficient to meet verification of employment.
- Application will be denied if the legal source of income cannot be verified.
RENTAL HISTORY CRITERIA
- Your application may be denied if you have negative rental history within 5 years including, failure to comply with terms of your lease/rental agreement, complaints from landlord or neighbors. Past evictions or unpaid rent and/or fees will result in denial.
- 3 or more instances of Non-Sufficient Funds (e.g. bounced rent check) or Late rent payments in a 12 month period will result in denial.
- Any current 72-hour notice will result in denial.
- Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, V2 Properties will order a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or has plead guilty to or no contest to, any crime, and/or whether there are pending criminal charges.
- Convictions. A conviction (including a guilty plea or no contest plea) for any of the following will be grounds for denial of the rental application, subject to the review/mitigating factor request described below:
- A felony involving kidnapping, death (including but not limited to murder and manslaughter), arson, rape, child sex crime, or manufacturing or distribution of a controlled substance.
- A felony not listed above, where the date of disposition occurred in the last seven (7) years, and which involves a) a person crime (including but not limited to a crime involving serious injury) b) a sex offense; c) burglary; d) robbery; e) a drug-related crime; f) a crime involving financial fraud (including but not limited to identity theft and forgery); g) extensive property damage; or h) any other felony if the conduct on which the felony is based is of a nature that would adversely affect property of the landlord or a tenant, or the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents, the landlord, or the landlord’s agent(s).
- A misdemeanor where the date of disposition occurred in the last five (5) years, and which involves a) a person crime; b) a sex offense; c) a drug-related crime; d) domestic violence; e) stalking; f) violation of a restraining order; g) weapons; or h) extensive property damage.
- A misdemeanor not listed above, misdemeanor where the date of disposition occurred in the last three (3) years, and which involves a) criminal trespass; b) theft; c) property crime; d) prostitution; or e) any other misdemeanor if the conduct on which the misdemeanor is based is of a nature that would adversely affect property of the landlord or a tenant, or the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents, the landlord, or the landlord’s agent(s).
- Pending Charges (which have not been dismissed). Pending charges for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.
- Review/Mitigating Factors. If an applicant is denied solely on the basis of one or more convictions described above (i.e., has satisfied all other rental criteria), V2 Properties will conduct a review of the denial in either of the two following circumstances: 1) The applicant submitted supporting documentation setting forth relevant mitigating factors at the time the application was submitted; or 2) After the denial, the applicant submits a written request for review, along with supporting documentation setting forth relevant mitigating factors. In such instances, V2 Properties will conduct an individualized assessment of relevant factors that may mitigate the applicant’s conviction(s) sufficiently to allow acceptance. Relevant factors include, without limitation: the applicant’s age at the time of the criminal conduct; the facts and/or circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct; elapsed time since the criminal conduct; elapsed time since release from incarceration or completion of parole; evidence of rehabilitation efforts; evidence of good tenant history before and/or after the conviction; and whether there have been multiple convictions. V2 Properties may request additional information that would aid in this review. Supporting documentation includes, without limitation: letter from the applicant’s parole or probation office; certifications reflecting rehab/treatment programs; proof of post-conviction educational achievements; letter from caseworker, therapist or counselor; letter from employer; letter from teacher; and the applicant’s personal statement. Applicants should submit all supporting documentation at the same time as the written request for review. V2 Properties will notify the applicant of the results of V2 Properties’ review within a reasonable time after V2’s receipt of all relevant information and documentation. V2 Properties will hold the rental unit for a reasonable time while completing the review, except that if V2 already committed the unit to another applicant after the denial and before applicant submitted a written review request and all supporting documentation, then the unit will not be held.
- V2 Properties may obtain a tenant screening or credit report which generally consists of:
- Credit history including credit standing;
- Public records, including but not limited to judgments, liens, evictions and status of collection accounts;
- Information verification;
- Current obligations and credit ratings; and
- Criminal records.
You have the right to dispute the accuracy of any information provided to V2 Properties by a screening service or credit reporting agency. If your application is denied, you will be sent an “Adverse Action” letter detailing who to contact to proceed with your dispute. This letter will be emailed and mailed to you via the address you list as your current residence.
V2 Properties does not discriminate on the basis race, color, sex, marital status, source of income, familial status, religion, sexual orientation including gender identity, honorably discharged veterans/military status, domestic violence victims, or national origin. We comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
If you feel you are qualified for the property after reading the attached Rental/Lease Policies, please follow these instructions:
- Fill out the application completely and accurately.
- Each person 18 years or older that will be residing in the property must complete an application. This includes married couples as well as singles. This fee is non-refundable. (Refundable only if application is not processed.) screening fees must be paid in cash or money order if paper application. Online screening fees must be paid as per online instructions.
- Names and telephone numbers are required to verify all employers and landlords. Previous and current landlord as well as income sources must be verifiable or application will be denied.
- A copy of a photo ID, e.g. Driver’s License, Military ID, etc., must be submitted.
- Within 2 business days of approval you must provide at least one-half of security deposit (Deposit to Hold), in guaranteed funds, to hold the property. Until we receive the Deposit to Hold, we will continue to market the property to prospective tenants (this is non-refundable if you fail to secure the lease).
- Lease must be established no later than 14 days from approval.
- Lease signings are done by appointment on or before move-in day.
- All utility and garbage accounts, where applicable, must be transferred into the resident’s’ name as of the date of possession. It is recommended that you contact utility companies at least 5 days in advance to ensure they will all be turned on.
- Security Deposit, and first month’s rent are to be paid in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. No exceptions.
- First month’s rent will be for the full amount regardless of move-in day. Your pro-rated amount will be due on the 1st of your second month. The formula that we use to calculate pro-rated rent is (rent/30 x #days)
- You must provide proof of Renter’s Insurance at move-in.
- You will be given your keys after your lease is signed, and your rent and deposits/fees are paid in full. No exceptions.
- Property will be clean, and carpets will be professionally cleaned prior to move in date.
- Other than cleaning or necessary repairs, property will be rented “As-Is”. You can, however, submit a written request of improvements. Please state whether or not your requested improvement is a condition of your renting the property. Should the property owner decide not to complete your requested improvement, however, your screening fee is non-refundable.
If someone in your household qualifies as “disabled” under federal law, and you require a Reasonable Accommodation, please provide proper documentation from your doctor along with a description of what types of modifications are necessary. We will be happy to consider your request.
BY APPLYING, YOU VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RENTAL AND LEASE POLICY STATEMENT, AS WELL AS A LIST OF FEES/DEPOSITS/RENT
For a list of breed restrictions, or to preview our standard lease please go to:
Pet Policies & Breed Restrictions
*Our reception of this application is consent only to this Application Agreement. It does not bind us to accept applicant or to sign the proposed Lease Contract.